Keep those games alive!

Children are inventive, original and very messy. As they get older they start losing these nice qualities. Some manage to hold on. This is what I am trying to do with this blog. My brother - a great inventor of games - kept most of my childhood happily occupied with his original games. This blog started out as a way to keep those games alive. Do read the first few posts to enter his wonderful world. Reader contributions welcome :)

Friday, October 20, 2006

My mother went to market...

Again, this one's a contribution by Bharath... (Bharath's mom, really). I have so many by him that he is a co-blogger on this site now!

When you have a bunch of kids visiting, this game is guaranteed to keep them all in one place! Have them sit in a circle, placing hands palms down on the floor.





Pick a GameMaster. The GM starts off by reciting, "My mother went to market to buy me some ribbons. What colour did she choose?", while ticking off each finger on the floor. One finger for each word in the recitation above. The person whose finger the GM has stopped at names a colour. Say "Green". Or if you want to be smartie pants, "Light Green".

GM continues along the fingers, spelling out the colour. The finger that the GM stops at is folded, and is no longer in the game.

The person who gets to fold all their fingers first wins. Then you can continue playing until there is one loser or start a new game.

As my intelligent readers have no doubt fathomed, the challenge here lies in coming up with a colour that lands on their finger! And a challenge to the GM is to decide if colours such as Orangeish Purple are permitted...

6 Comments:

Blogger Sumithra said...

Ha ha ha!!! Me first!! :D

11:18 PM  
Blogger Obi Wan said...

Me 21nd me 2nd! Belated happy Diwali!!!!

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me 3rd! getting a little better. lovvvvvve this game. n i totally rock at it. cos i know colours like cyan ;), aquamarine, teal, charteuse (hehe to confuse the GM with weird spellings;).

10:34 AM  
Blogger delhidreams said...

okay, me fourth. and this time i'm counting right. nobody can and shud contest that.
this is a nice game cloudy. i'll sure try it if some of my frnds permit.
revealed, how do i find thee?
help me cloudy. pls (in italics)
;)

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Obi: You've claimed to be both 21nd (which I suppose is your way of saying 21st??:p) and 2nd. So I think, Technically! I'm second. Hehe.
@Adi: You didnt count right, after all ;). Nice blog though and I just lovee your pics.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Bharath Hemachandran said...

Finally you put it on here! :)

Lovely pic!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home