Keep those games alive!

Children are inventive, original and very messy. As they get older they start losing these nice qualities. Some manage to hold on. This is what I am trying to do with this blog. My brother - a great inventor of games - kept most of my childhood happily occupied with his original games. This blog started out as a way to keep those games alive. Do read the first few posts to enter his wonderful world. Reader contributions welcome :)

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The 'tag' game

And I'm 'it'.

Tried to put it off for as long as I could, but
Adi said 'please' and you can get anything out of me if you say please. Especially in italics. There, that's already one thing about me. Now for 7 more.
Why 8, I wonder? Why not a nice round number like 5 or 10? Possibly to alert the subconscious of the 'Eight wonders', or 'The Mysterious Eight' (think Mandrake) and thereby get to the ego of the tagged, all subconsciously, of course. See, this can't just be any old 8 things - they have to be something so unique that people will gasp. So getting to the ego is important.

OK, I'll stop rambling. 7 more, right? Here goes:

When I was 12, I came out a circus crying because all I could think of when I saw the animals performing was 'How Cruel'. Came home and wrote an indignant letter to the newspaper, which never got published. Possibly because I used the word 'torcher'.

The fact above may have led you to believe that I am a great animal lover, have pets, and will pick up any dog/cat on the street. You could not be more wrong. While I have shed many a tear for the abused animal, I have never ever picked one up. For some reason, that is something I can't do.

I just finished hand stitching a cap for the kiddo.

The fact above may have led you to believe that I am an accomplished seamstress, and like
Sunshine, can make my own clothes. Again, you could not be more wrong. I can't sew a dress to save my life. Fact is, sewing is a stress buster. I get into a sewing frenzy every once in so many years, when I need to de-stress. I don't do it knowingly, I realise after a sewing bout how light I feel...

So that's done, right? All 8 facts done? No? Have always been bad at counting - there's another fact for you.

14 Comments:

Blogger Obi Wan said...

Me 1stttt!!!

Welcome back cloudy, hope everything's cool. We were all missing you :-)

11:42 PM  
Blogger delhidreams said...

that's not fair obi, i shud've been first this time :(

12:23 AM  
Blogger delhidreams said...

now u've confused me into couting that as eight or what???

no comments. u dindt do the tag as desired. apko hum apni team se bahar kar rahe hai, aap cheating karte ho ;)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Cloudy said...

Thanks Obi, for missing me :-)

Things are cool, I was just a little freaked coz I've taken up something that I'm not sure I'll be able to finish... I'm no stranger to this by the way, have always abandoned things mid way. This time I'm hoping to get some discipline into my life because the only person I will be losing face in front of is myself... That is scary...

@Adi: I used to get a kick out of finding loopholes in rules, that some people called 'cheating'... I never enjoyed playing a game unless I found a way to bend the rules :) There's another fact about me - now, what's the count?

1:07 PM  
Blogger delhidreams said...

u win ;)

and i lose my counting ability...

6:08 AM  
Blogger Bharath Hemachandran said...

i'm umm dunno. anyways i'm back sorry to have disappeared for so long. will come up with a jhakaas game soon.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Sumithra said...

I can't believe I'm sooo late ;-(

11:57 AM  
Blogger Sumithra said...

:D Torcher? Lol..

You've written it so well. Anything Cloudy does has her stamp! I can never do anything like that - I just do what I'm told. :-)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Cloudy said...

@Adi: :-)

@Bharath: Welcome back, good to see that your trip was eventful -- and how!!!

@Sunshine: Thanks :-) I've always been in trouble for my irreverence... All my teachers either loved me or hated me, more the latter!

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Cloudy: LOL!!!!!!! Lemme tell you honey that while I love you and all that, your arithmatic sucks!!!!!! N i'm not Adi to just get confused and let it go!!! [-( You've only come up with 4 so far and thats COUNTING the one in the comments section!!!! We're still waiting for the remaining 3. Hehe.
Taking on something you cant complete is scary!! I hate it. It doesnt happen to me often but when it does it shakes the very foundations of my self belief!!!!
@Obi: For once, I'm technically second i believe:).

9:18 AM  
Blogger Cloudy said...

Hey Revealed, I actually have all 8 facts, and I'm surprised! (6 in the main post - look at first and last paragraphs), the 7th on Adi's reply, and 8th on Sunshine's!!! (The teacher one).

Self-belief has already been shaken quite badly, on many counts... hoping to regain some shred back soon!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL. 'Torcher" lol.lol... the paper should have published it nevertheless!

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, ok ok fine! You're off the hook, on a technicality I might add!! N i agree with Sensorcaine, they should have published not inspite of "torcher" but BECAUSE of it :p

9:18 AM  
Blogger delhidreams said...

so whatever revealed had to say, u got off on a technicality, right. i still can believe how i lost my counting ability here...

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home