Keep those games alive!

Children are inventive, original and very messy. As they get older they start losing these nice qualities. Some manage to hold on. This is what I am trying to do with this blog. My brother - a great inventor of games - kept most of my childhood happily occupied with his original games. This blog started out as a way to keep those games alive. Do read the first few posts to enter his wonderful world. Reader contributions welcome :)

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Kappe Aata (Kappe = Frog; Aata = Game)

If the Bunk Bed game was described by TCP as good for someone with the brains of a 6-year old, this one takes your grey matter further down memory lane. I'd peg this at 3 or 4.




Requires 2 people and some cushioning material. Position yourselves as shown in diagram. Make sure you have cushioning. Place feet together and... PUSH! If you can squeeze your opponent against the cushioning and have him/her begging for mercy, consider yourself the winner.

One important rule - NEVER to be broken - No, ABSOLUTELY no kicking in the crotch!

On another note, I guess a number of you have played your own games, or games that not too many people have played. I would love to hear from you! In other words, Readers' contributions welcome! Tin Tin has sent me a unique game already, and Shyam soon will. So dear children, put your games down on paper, and believe me, writing about them is fun :-)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I used to play this game with my brothers when I was a little girl!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy so find a blog like this, go on!!!!!!!!! I have so many games to share but there's a problem: my english is not very good so, I'm afraid you won't understand what I'm trying to explain. Well, I'll figure it out and find the best way to translate it and post it for you, make the drawings for me please, I'm not so good on that. I congratulate you again and I hope many people know this beautifull blog and take them to come back to the real and greatest values. God bless you!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Obi Wan said...

You made me smile on an extremely depressing day! Thank you cloudy, from the bottom of my heart!

2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 cheers for kappe aatu! priceless pix!
Teena.

3:41 AM  
Blogger Cloudy said...

@laura: Glad you liked it! And do send your games across, don't worry about the english and the drawings - I'll take care of those :-)
Also, it would be interesting to know how you came by this blog...?

@Obi Wan: Good to know that :-) (That I made you smile, not that you had a bad day :-( )

@Teena: Thanx :-) Drawing is fun!

10:50 AM  
Blogger The Comic Project said...

cloudy dear cloudy..I havent been visiting here..or even TCP much but this is too much. You make me want to shut down TCP and work fulltime for you. Seriously.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Cloudy said...

O my God, don't even speak of shutting down TCP! A thousand curses will be upon me!

And I'm serious about reader contributions, or this blog is going to die...

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sumithra said...

Cloudy, this game is sooo great! I'm going to play it this evening ;-) And the diagram is so cute, as always!!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Cloudy said...

Have fun, Sunshine :-) And thanks!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Phantom And Mandrake Fan said...

Kappe Aata thumba chennagidhe

1:38 AM  
Blogger Cloudy said...

DhanyavaadagaLu, ICR :-)

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home