Keep those games alive!

Children are inventive, original and very messy. As they get older they start losing these nice qualities. Some manage to hold on. This is what I am trying to do with this blog. My brother - a great inventor of games - kept most of my childhood happily occupied with his original games. This blog started out as a way to keep those games alive. Do read the first few posts to enter his wonderful world. Reader contributions welcome :)

Monday, March 20, 2006

Bunk Bed!

Full Action-adventure!



Requires at least 4 kids and a number of pillows greater than the number of kids. Place a few kids under the bed, a few kids on the top bunk. Lower bunk is not used. Best results obtained if there are more kids below.

Kids on the top bunk are armed with pillows. As many as you can get. They are The Guards. Kids below are The Prisoners. The prisoners hide so that no part of them is visible to the guards. If a guard hits any part of the prisoner, prisoner dies. The aim of the prisoners is to get out from under the bed, and run out of the room without getting hit by the guards’ pillows. No mean task. Loads of fun. And leaves room open for more innovation as you play along – what happens to thrown pillows? Can the guard retrieve them? Can the prisoners do anything to prevent that?


Be warned - most often, this game ended up in fist-fights!

16 Comments:

Blogger The Comic Project said...

I cant stop laughing cloudy..i cant :-) I still can't .. good god...Prisoners lol...have tears in my eyes now.. 3 in 3 days..slow down cloudy or do you have a lot of games at your disposal?

I will put a hop to this latest one but let me know if you want this to appear on TCP directly, I'll be glad to do so.

2:00 PM  
Blogger The Comic Project said...

The others required some thinking .. i mean it sounded, looked, felt a little logical/intelligent so it took me a while to grasp but this is real fun. Brute force and cunning. Stop me cloudy. I can't stop laughing.

2:02 PM  
Blogger The Comic Project said...

And the bunk bed diagram..holy mother of god..too much. Where were you hiding? You must've heard this before but you are going to make one hell of a mom :-) Make sure next time you post a comment somewhere that gives you a permanent name, you are listening to some song called "clear blue sky" coz there's nothing cloudy about what you do :-) I am sorry if I am sounding like a baccha right now, but I havent stopped laughing

2:06 PM  
Blogger Cloudy said...

Hey did you like this game so much?! :-)
You're right, I need to slow down... but I had so much fun doing the bunk bed diagram that I had to put it up. (I can't wait. It's a disability. When I buy new clothes, I have to wear them AT ONCE. In the trial room of the shop in extreme cases, and ask the salesperson to cut off the tags)

I don't mind whether you do a link or the entire thing... whatever you like.

...and that was one hell of a compliment...ThankYou! :-)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Tin Tin said...

doi doi groovy! What fyan following ;p.

Another game that ended in more than fist fights - KAPPEAATU!!!!!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Obi Wan said...

You are really mad cloudy! And that's a compliment, trust me! :-)
How I wish I could participate in this game in my childhood, or heck, even now!
Great job on this 'actually different' blog, unlike our Hindi films, which are always 'different', but always the same :-)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Cloudy said...

Thank You Obi wan! But all compliments are rightfully the Inventor's... I am merely the keeper-alive-of-games!

Tin, I had forgotten all about Kappeaatu! Thanks for the reminder! And your AgonyAnty game will shortly be featured here, so get ready to wear the cap of 'Inventor' soon :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Tin Tin said...

Whoa Ms. Prolific Poster!! Farsht nim yakshon games haaki! Lets keep mine as a retirement solution ;p.

12:07 AM  
Blogger ichatteralot said...

I love the diagrams (if they can be called that!) and the games ... I'll pass on these ideas to my son :)

11:30 PM  
Blogger Sumithra said...

:-) lol - its so funny! And like everyone has said the picture is very cute too :-) (I'm going to play it sometime ;-))

12:00 AM  
Blogger Cloudy said...

@ichatteralot and Sunshine: Hope you guys enjoy playing the game :-) Do you have a bunk bed? Sadly, we don't have ours anymore...

1:27 PM  
Blogger abhijit said...

This is an amazingly wonderful game.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Tin Tin said...

Oh geez! I’ve never seen you so obedient!! More posts please!!! Bring out the rowdy in cloudy

8:43 AM  
Blogger Cloudy said...

@Abhijit: Thanks, did you try it out?
@Tin: Will do. You too. Revive that blog!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Bharath Hemachandran said...

:)

Sounds like something I played when I was a kid ... with very unexpected, (The bunk bed caved in) and inglorious results (I can still remember not being able to sit for a while).

Very cute blog. Keep up the good work!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Cloudy said...

Thanks Bharath :-) Ouch! Caved in???!!!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home